Chelsea loves music. She enjoys many types of music but she especially fancies musicals because of their simplicity. Even though the notes sung and played may be scrambled all over the musical scale, she finds the particular genre to be easy listening. One of her favorite musicals is Wicked. She loves the story it portrays but she finds love in the music. Chelsea loves the song For Good in particular. She finds it to be a wonderful song because is uplifting yet peaceful and calm all at once. She listens to it when she’s missing someone or she’s simply in a quiet mood. The lyrics make her picture her and her “Besties” hanging out together. When she hears it she reminisces on the summer years ago when she would sing it every day with her older cousin. Her favorite part of the lyrics is at the end of each chorus: “Who can say if I’ve been changed for the better? I have been changed for good.”
Chelsea has a friend named Daryl. Daryl loves music too. Her favorite genres are pop, dance, and country. Her favorite song is Fearless by Taylor Swift. When she hears it playing she feels free and somehow unafraid. She listens to it when she's angry because it makes her feel better about everything. When she hears it she pictures love; enough to take risks and she thinks about happy memories of gymnastics.(Daryl is an excellent gymnast) Her favorite lines are "With you I'd dance in my best dress" and "head-first, fearless."
So why do people love music so much? It is a source of entertainment for many of us. We look, or should I say listen, to it when we need inspiration or maybe just a friend. I believe it's because music takes hold of us and makes us feel how we want to feel. When we're feeling bad about something we find just the right song that we know will cheer us up and we play it over and over again. Music is a beautiful art that enriches our lives.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
WOW! Chels, I had no idea that you were so good at writing!!! Nicely done! For Good is a great song, isn't it?! Love ya buddy!
~Meg!
Post a Comment